We feel your frustration!
We’ve compiled a list of ways to help you keep your 2-way radio out of the radio repair center.
- Keep radios dry and free from dust and debris.
- If your radio gets wet, do not transmit, take the battery out, dry it as much as possible and get it to the repair facility pronto.
- Utilize dust covers provided to cover audio jacks and openings, do not remove them.
- Refrain from operating the radio at full volume continuously.
- Replace bad or weather checked antennas.
- Use only the antenna, charger, and accessories designed for a particular radio model.
- Always have the radio turned off when charging.
- Never transmit when a radio is on a charger.
- Charge overnight, not an extended amount of days (a weekend is okay).
- Clean your battery contacts using a pencil eraser, never a sharp object or solvent.
- Replace the battery every 2-3 years, or sooner if needed.
- Safeguard your radio from crush damage, avoid back pockets and places people sit.