While we enjoy helping people and repairing radios, we also know how frustrating it can be to have your radio fail and need to come into the radio repair center.
We feel your frustration!
We’ve compiled a list of ways to help you keep your 2-way radio out of the radio repair center.
- Keep radios dry and free from dust and debris.
- If your radio gets wet, do not transmit, take the battery out, dry it as much as possible and get it to the repair facility pronto.
- Utilize dust covers provided to cover audio jacks and openings, do not remove them.
- Refrain from operating the radio at full volume continuously.
- Replace bad or weather checked antennas.
- Use only the antenna, charger, and accessories designed for a particular radio model.
- Always have the radio turned off when charging.
- Never transmit when a radio is on a charger.
- Charge overnight, not an extended amount of days (a weekend is okay).
- Clean your battery contacts using a pencil eraser, never a sharp object or solvent.
- Replace the battery every 2-3 years, or sooner if needed.
- Safeguard your radio from crush damage, avoid back pockets and places people sit.
We have a convenient radio repair form you can use to send in your radios for repair. If you have questions give us a call here at Delmmar Communications, 800-872-2627. We are always happy to help.