Non-radio users often ask why would someone use a radio instead of a cellphone. Here a few answers:
1) When you need immediate ability to communicate on-site to one or many at the press of a button. Two-way radios are the most reliable method.
2) No monthly bill. No minutes. (unless you connect your radios with a trunking tower system)
3) Durability. Business radios are designed to go a 40-hour work week. Many are rated for resistance to moisture, dust, and humidity. They are made to be a workhorse.
4) Using handheld radios for on-site communications can keep workers on task, and prevent the abuses seen with cellphones. (No calling home or surfing the web on a 2-way radio.)
5) Longer life expectancy. Most cellphones last 2-3 years at best. Business two-way radios typically last 5-7 years, or even longer if you have them serviced as needed.
6) Business radios are usually repairable at the radio repair center for less than half the cost of a new radio, while cellphones usually require replacement.
These are just a few thoughts to ponder.
There are situations where cellphones are ideal. But in the situation of public safety, business or on-site communications, radios still give you the best all around solution.
If you have questions give us a call here at Delmmar Communications, 800-872-2627. We are always happy to help.